|eMail Tool (MAILTOOL and MAILTOOL Plus!*) - Part of the
MAILTOOL is the most powerful and easy to use IBMi (System i, iSeries, AS/400) email client available!
- Send emails using RPG or any ILE language with easy to use ILE functions.
- Fully customizable defaults either globally, by user or create your own specific configurations!
- Easily add custom footers to each email sent via the MAILTOOL command
- Send emails in text or HTML format
- MUCH more useful and powerful than the SNDDST command
- 100% native application!
MAILTOOL Plus* Adds the following Features:
- Easily replace calls to the IBM QtmmSendMail API (see example in
- Choose to save emails for resending, if they error or not.
- Totally bypass and forget about using the often-times troublesome IBM SMTP server
- SMTP Authentication
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/TLS) over SMTP
- Compatible with GMail, Outlook online, Office 365, Microsoft Online Services, Yahoo! and most other cloud
- Easy tracking of emails that were not sent with the option to resend
- Superior debugging making tracking down problems with email much quicker
- Built in to MAILTOOL, no separate download required. Activate with a simple registration key
There's no reason to fight with other Java-based email client applications or even the very limited Send
Distribution (SNDDST) command any longer!
*MAILTOOL Plus! requires seperate registration
| "We have used SPLTOOL and MAILTOOL for well over a year to email order documents to our business partners. The applications are great, but even better is the service you provide. Recently, over a weekend, we upgraded our iSeries and had a challenge with the SMTP server configuration. We contacted Support on Sunday afternoon, and Brad promptly came to our rescue. We were up and running Monday morning with no interruption to our business. Thank you, Brad!" - Davida Kelley, Bartlett Bearing Company, Inc.
| "We bought MAILTOOL five years ago and never looked
back. Since then we’ve sent 247,000 emails with over 120,000 with attachments!
Talk about BULLETPROOF! The only times we contacted BVSTools was to buy
two other great software packages JOBWATCH and SPLTOOL Suite and when we
upgraded machines." - Paul Scher, Manager of Programming Services,
|Great job! Our SMTP Process on the ISeries went south and
the MAILTOOL Plus functionality was a lifesaver! - Michael Kenny, University
| MAILTOOL is a very great tool. I can use this to automate
many applications. The tool is very simple to use, and most importantly,
your support is instantaneous! - Chin Mongkol, Corporate Information
Management Service, Inc.
| I have used SPLTOOL and MAILTOOL for more than 6 years
now. Originally, SPLTOOL replaced a 16 page “manual” of screen prints designed
to assist users in downloading spooled files. SPLTOOL, alone, replaced the
manual with a 5 second learning curve and a single keystroke. When I start
working with a new consulting client, regardless of their experience level,
the first thing I do is install SPLTOOL and teach them how to use it. I
am an “evangelist” for BVS Tools and can’t imagine a more affordable, or
more useful, solution. - Geoff Wiggs, Orcas Technologies, Inc
| I just downloaded SPLTOOL, MAILTOOL, and OUTQTRG and love
it! I've been looking at several other tools available and they don't even
compare. These are straight forward, simple to install, easy to configure,
easy to use, and a very small footprint. It looks like I will be able to
implement these tools into our daily processing with ease. So far the testing
has been very positive as I'm sure that it will continue to roll on with
out hassle. Thank you.
Oh I didn't even mention the price is so affordable that I might even get
a raise this year with all the money that I'm saving for us!!! - Rich Bateman,
Core Support Manager, American Bank of Texas
| eRPG technology is amazing way for small/medium companies to get their business
software plugged in to the internet without having to deal with the limitations of Webfacing Hats
and other bridging technologies, or the cost/complexity of Websphere/J2EE. I believe the speed and
granularity of eRPG’s access to the AS/400 database makes it easier and faster to develop real-world
applications than using JDBC/ODBC solutions like ASP, Perl, or PHP.
eRPG has a particular advantage for companies with experienced RPG people who already have experience
with the local data and business rules.
I was able to get the HTTP server up and Bradley’s examples working within a day.
By the second day I had a basic add/modify customer address screen going.
- Martin Cytryn, Analyst Programmer, Midrange systems, Montreal, Canada